Wellness in Living – The Chiropractic Method
Your ability to enjoy life comes down to one major element, your health. Without it all the money, freedom, family in the the world takes a back seat. At its root, health is very simple. Good digestion from a diet based on clean life giving foods, and balance in muscle and posture. This flow is best achieved when your foundation, your bone structure and spinal column are aligned correctly.
There are many methods to approach a misalignment, but when it comes to your backbone (spine / Vertebrae) then a Chiropractor is an excellent choice. We also give high regards to other forms of Chiropractic like treatment. Osteopathy is another excellent form of treatment, and an Osteopathic provider, though less common to find, are in every major city in North America.
Chiropractors: Fundamental Goals
Diagnosis and treatment of neuromuscular disorders are the primary focus of the health care professionals called chiropractor. They emphasis on treatment via manipulation of the spine by manual adjustment.
In general a chiropractor will seek to reduce pain so as to improve the functionality of patients. Education is also a critical element of their service. Teaching the patients how they can account for their own health via exercise, ergonomics and other therapies to treat back pain.
- See How To Select The Best Chiropractor
The modality is often categorized as alternative medicine as there is no use of pharmaceuticals, and the treatment is often provided in conjunction with other treatments (complementary medicine.)
With focus on the connection between the nervous system and spine, Chiropractors and hold true the following beliefs:
- Biomechanical and structural derangement of the spine can affect the nervous system
- For many conditions, chiropractic treatment can restore the structural integrity of the spine, reduce pressure on the sensitive neurological tissue, and consequently improve the health of the individual.
When care is focused to re-establish normal spinal mobility, success means the alleviation of the irritation to the spinal nerve and a re-established balance to altered reflexes.
What Happens During a Visit to a Chiropractor?
In 30 to 60 minutes, your chiropractor will access your goals for treatment and health history, by asking you a series of questions relating to :
- Former illnesses and injuries, sport related or otherwise
- Existing health problems
- If you are taking any perscriptions
- Nutrition, Diet and Lifestyle including sleeping habits
- Exercise routines if any
- Any Stress you may have and its potential source
- Use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
Communicating clearly with your chiropractor regarding any physical problems you have including any numbness, tingling, weakness, or any other nerve symptoms that make it hard for you to do certain things.
After collecting a base of information about your present health the chiropractor will do a physical exam. They will test your spinal mobility (how well your spine moves). Depending on the nature of you ailments the chiropractic assessment may also go as far as checking your blood pressure and taking x-rays. These tests look for problems that might be adding to your back pain.
The physical treatment typically begins on the first, but can sometimes wait until the second depending on how cumbersome the assessment process is for the individual patient.
- The most frequent treatment is manipulation done by hand. Commonly called an “adjustment,” it done by moving a joint in your spine to the end of its range, followed by a light thrust, often resulting in a crack or popping sound. The purpose is to realign the bones of your spine.
- Other treatments like massage, or work on Fasciae and other work on soft tissues can also be part of a chiropractor treatment routine.
- You may be asked to lie on a special table, where the chiropractor does the spinal manipulations.
Some people are a little achy, stiff, and tired for a few days after their manipulations. This is because their bodies are adjusting to their new alignment. You should not feel any pain from the manipulation.
Start Saying Yes Chiropractor to your professional treatment caregiver.